At Marietta Dental Professionals, we understand that your smile is one of your most prized possessions. While many dental procedures are a temporary fix, Marietta dental implants are a restorative dentistry treatment that offer a lifetime of convenience, comfort and most importantly, a brilliant set of pearly whites.
Just look at the many benefits implants offer as compared to other procedures:
|Tooth Replacement Technologies||Implants||Flipper||Dentures (partial or full)||Bridge|
|Longevity||Lifetime||1-3 Years||5-7 Years||7-10 Years|
|Preservation of healthy adjacent teeth||Yes||Yes||Yes||No
|Transmission of force to:||bone||adjacent teeth||adj teeth/gums||adjacent teeth|
|Requirement for periodic adjustments||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Prevent bone loss & preserve facial appearance||Yes||No||No||No|
|Acelerated loss of adjacent teeth||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
When it comes to teeth replacement, there’s no reason to settle for a temporary solution. Flippers, dentures and bridges will need to be replaced over time. However, a properly cared for dental implant can last your entire lifetime, providing greater comfort and durability than any other solution available. Once your dental implant treatment plan is completed, you will not have to worry about having periodic appointments to adjust the implant. The results are beautiful and permanent, giving you the most long-term return on your restorative investment.
Excellence in Implant Dentistry
Dental implants are highly versatile and can be used to replace a single missing tooth, a few teeth or an entire arch of teeth. A Marietta dental implant involves a small titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone. This acts as your artificial tooth root, giving your crown, bridge or denture the most secure foundation possible. Because the implant fuses to the underlying bone over time, your replacement tooth or teeth can function just like natural teeth. In fact, patients who choose dental implants in Marietta say they are nearly indistinguishable from their natural teeth. The revolutionary model of a dental implant can prevent jawbone loss, prevent shifting adjacent teeth and provide a better overall quality of life.
Our East Cobb office is proud to off a wide range of dental implant restorations, including single tooth implants with custom crowns, implant bridges, overdentures and more.
A single tooth implant is the most preferred choice when replacing just one missing tooth. It allows a beautiful custom crown to be strongly anchored into the jawbone, just like a natural tooth and tooth root.
Multiple Implants for Full Mouth Reconstruction
For patients that have multiple teeth that are missing or severely damaged, a full mouth rehabilitation may be necessary. During this multi-visit treatment, our dentists can place multiple dental implants within your mouth and use a combination of crowns, bridges or veneers to provide a beautiful new smile. When placing multiple implants in a full mouth reconstruction, you can trust that we will utilize advanced techniques and cutting-edge 3D imaging to ensure your smile is rebuilt with the highest level of precision and care. Multiple implants are an excellent investment for permanent smile restoration.
Implant Supported Bridge
If you are missing multiple teeth in a row, it may be possible to anchor a fixed bridge with a set of dental implants. Some patients choose to replace multiple teeth using dental implants with individual crowns. Both can offer a level of fit and functionality that cannot be achieved with other restorative options.
Overdentures can be referred to as implant-retained dentures. This is for patients who have a full arch of missing teeth as well as those who want to avoid the drawbacks of traditional dentures. Using as little as four dental implants, we can secure a full set of lower or upper dentures for unrivaled stability and comfort.
Dental Implants Using CBCT Scan Technology
To ensure your experience in implant dentistry is as comfortable and rewarding as possible, you’ll find that our dentists utilize some of the most advanced dental technology in the industry. Our CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) system and Intraoral Scanner allow us to capture precise 3D images of the entire maxillofacial region, including the teeth and jawbone as well as the surrounding nerves, tissue and sinuses.
Using the CBCT, we can obtain highly precise measurements, resulting in optimal surgical planning and unmatched accuracy during your procedure. Computer-guided implant surgery often means less invasive techniques and a lower risk for complications. Best of all, our state-of-the-art 3D scans are completely painless and takes just seconds to perform.
FAQ’s About Dental Implants
As a patient who is considering dental implants, we understand the notable investment you are making towards your smile. We want to answer your questions and concerns and help you feel confident in this life-changing solution within restorative dentistry.
- Dental implants provide unrivaled authenticity, with the ability to look, feel and function like natural teeth. Implants are also more convenient, as they can be cared for like real teeth. Finally, dental implants are a long-term solution that can protect your facial structure (by preventing bone loss) as well as improve your overall health (no dietary restrictions).
- Traditional dentures that rest on the gums can often slip out of place. This can occur when eating, talking or laughing. By using dental implants to secure a denture, the set of prosthetic teeth is securely anchored into place. Patients can regain confidence and a better quality of life, as well as avoid the messy adhesive creams and special cleaning regimes of removable dentures.
- When a tooth goes missing, there is no tooth root to stimulate the underlying jaw bone when you chew or bite down. Therefore, the jawbone will begin to atrophy or resorb over time without this regenerative process. Dental implants, however, are surgically placed into the jawbone and act as an artificial tooth root. Thus, your jawbone can retain its proper density and you can avoid premature facial aging from a sunken or hallowed lower face
- While it is normal to be apprehensive about oral surgery, most patients are relieved to discover that dental implant surgery is not painful. Our Marietta dentists use local anesthetics and sedation dentistry to minimize discomfort during the procedure. We will also closely follow your post-operative period to ensure a seamless and painless recovery.
- A consultation with one of our implant dentists is the best way to determine if you qualify for dental implants. However, patients should generally be in good overall health and be free of gum disease before getting dental implants. In addition, you must have adequate jawbone density and height to successfully support a dental implant. If not, a bone grafting procedure may be recommended prior to getting dental implants.
If you are considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, you are in excellent hands at Marietta Dental Professionals. Dental implants carry a remarkable success rate of up to 98%. When combining this statistic with the superior skill and knowledge of our implant dentists, patients can feel at ease about choosing our practice for their brand new smile. Implant dentistry is undoubtedly an investment towards your long-term health and quality of life.
Call us today to schedule your dental implants consultation.